- Take Frequent Breaks:
Change positions regularly to give your muscles the rest needed to support you better when you return. If you’re sitting, stand up. If you’re bending over, stand and arch backward. A 60 second break every 20 minutes is ideal.
- Walk 30-minutes briskly on a flat surface. Its important to keep your body’s circulation working well. This helps to increase healing. If pain arises take breaks as needed.
- Apply ice: Should your pain become severe, apply ice to the area for 20 minutes. Do not put directly on the skin.
- Do not sit longer than 15 consecutive minutes.
- Use foot ease, curb, etc. for one leg during prolonged standing to lower pressure on your back.
- Sleep on your side with pillows below the knees or on back with pillows under your knees.